External Hard Drive Problem

antonov 16:06 17 Jun 08

Hi Guys,

Ive got a Maxtor 6 L250R0 external and running XP

Ive had to format my pc due to other probs but now after doing this i cant get access to my external... The drive has alot of data that i realy dont want to have to loose :o(

every option ive explored it seems that i have to format to be able to get back into it...

The device is installed fine with no errors... on one occasion the drive started to format for a breif second untill i pulled the plug and now i have a volume f: that when i open says needs formatting...

Any help or advice on this would so greatly be appreciated and if it comes to data recovery software then please advise whats best there....

Thanks

crosstrainer 16:10 17 Jun 08

If you started a format on the drive, it is very likely that you have lost your data.

With hindsight, the drive should have worked fine after you re-installed Windows to your primary drive.

Things you can try:

click here

Are on this page here....These are free, so you don't have to pay out for data recovery (scroll through the article to find the links to the utilities)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…