External Hard Drive files move for no reason!!!!!

mick wilding 14:04 29 Apr 05

I have a Western Digital USB 160GB External Hard drive attached to my system for storing music albums on. I copy them over using Media Player 10 and scan the sleeve and use this as the thumbnail. I store these ablums in folders A through Z.

However, quite often I find that when accessing this drive that some of the files have moved back to the root folder of this "J" drive (where they were originally copied to before sorting them)for no reason.

Also, very often, the thumbnail associated to some albums has been replaced by the windows default picture.

Anyone point to what is causing this. The file attributes to each folder (Read Only and Hidden) are not checked.

Thanks in advance

M Wilding

Graham ® 18:54 29 Apr 05

Dunno, something to do with file association?

Graham ® 21:24 29 Apr 05

What about putting all the folders in one 'Master' folder?

mick wilding 06:50 30 Apr 05

Tried using a master folder originally but we're talking of 75850 (approx)songs or some 85gb. The drive just came to a standstill when trying to access the files to play them. Now I copy to the master folder and then drag & drop them to the designated folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…