External hard drive -

Peter434 17:29 13 Aug 10

My hard drive on my laptop is nearly full. If I buy an external hard drive can I load video/photo editing software onto this hard drive and use it from this source ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 13 Aug 10

Yes

gengiscant 17:33 13 Aug 10

No you will need to load it onto your Cdrive, but you can of course move all your videos and photos to the new drive and still use the editing software on your C drive.

gengiscant 17:35 13 Aug 10

oops,sorry.Wrong post with my answer.I really must look at the screen before clicking the mouse.

Muergo 22:37 13 Aug 10

I use two externl hrd drives, biggie of 1Tb for ll photos videos etc nd 60Gb for routine backup of everything else.

For precious photos, weddings, births etc I also burn a DVD as additional safeguard.

Indexing is a nightmare but I have a program (free) Visipics whch goes through all your photos and highlights duplicates or very similar shots which you can weed out.

This happens a lot to me since going to digital from film, I shoot several at the same time instead of just two or three.

This is how the press manage to capture the point at which the footballer toes the ball etc, just continually shoot ten or more, one of them will be the one you want, there's no luck in it anymore when you used to shhoot/rewind and miss it completely!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced