External Hard Drive

ponytail 10:25 26 Dec 09

I have the following media plyer connected to my TV click here
I have a iomega 160gb external drive onto which I transfer music or videos from my PCs hard drive.I then take my exteral drive downstairs and connect it to my media player and play the music or video.The exteral stays downstairs untill I have something else to transfer I then take upstairs and connect it to my PC.But this morning when I connected it to my PC it does not show up when I look on devicce manager it is there with a 0 location.I took back downstairs and connected it to my media player and it was fine everything was on there so why does it not show up on my computer.This is the first time this has happened.Can someone advise.Sorry this is so long.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:33 26 Dec 09

As you can see all the files on the media player the drive must be OK so don't mess with the actual drive.

Device manager is showing it as plugged in but windows is not seeing it as a drive.

Unplug from PC and
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here

then plug in the drive and it should be recognised

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…