external hard drive

indikart 13:29 12 Jun 07

Hi i hope someone can help me please,i have just bought a 500gb external hard drive (maxtor usb)
i started the computer,followed the quick install instuctions etc etc,plugged it in & it works ok,i copied some important docs,pictures & some home movies of my children etc,all fine.but when i rebooted the machine it wont restart unless i unplug the hard drive ? now the usb slot i plugged it into was the last one,could this be the problem?,someone told me to check computer managment which i did,now i have 2 other external h/d one is fat32 the other ntfs,this is what they say
freecom hdd
232.88 gb fat32
healthy.....now the ntfs one says the same but with ntfs,
but the new one is different instead of just saying healthy it has(active) next to it?
now should i of formated it 1st bit unsure as someone else done my other drives?
i believe my computer is good enough to take a 500gb h/d.im running windows media centre,2gb ram 3.2mhz chip & have been told its all upto date with updates,no viruses or spyware,as it has also been scanned,hope someone can help..thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:42 12 Jun 07

Either
dont plug in until PC booted
or
Boot to BIOS and disable "Boot from removable devices"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…