external hard drive

steve-252371 15:54 09 Dec 05

I am hoping to buy an external hard drive but i only have usb 1.1 which i believe to be slow.
I do have a usb memory stick which works quite fast and which i have had no probs with.Does any one know of a good external drive i could buy?
I am running xp
Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:05 09 Dec 05

you could fit a USB 2 card into a spare PCI slot for approx £10 click here

prince midas 17:20 09 Dec 05

I had a USB1 and bought myself a Maxtor external Hard Drive. It was terribly slow with the USB1 but when I fitted a USB2 it was fine for 12 months and then started with error messages and being unable to write. I complained to PCWorld and they said they only gave it a 2 week guarantee and I should get in touch with Maxtor. After filling in loads of questioners Maxtor accepted responsibilty but told me I must return by one of the top transporters only at my expence. The quote was around £25 to send back via DSL. I finally reformated the drive and it is still working fine after 2 years but I do reformat again every 12 months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…