External Hard Drive

maz2 22:06 20 Jul 04

I understand that you can download direct from the internet to an external hard drive, but what if they are zip files can you unzip them, or do you have to download direct to the PC unzip and then transfer to the external, also anybody know of any good deals anywhere for external drives Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 22:21 20 Jul 04

When you download, you can save to internal or external hdd. A temp file will be created on the main disk unless you have set your browser temp files to another place.

Even if zipped, it can be saved to external and opened there.

maz2 22:28 20 Jul 04

Thanks for that just wanted to make sure I'll have to shop around now see if I can find one that's not too expensive

microswift 22:33 20 Jul 04

You probably can download to an external drive or you could download to the active drive, right click and use "send to" or install an os on the external drive and using a boot manager make that the active drive. The cheapest option for an external drive is to buy the drive and usb2 caddie separately, caddies can be bought for £40/50 and drives are of course priced on capacity.

spanneress 22:34 20 Jul 04

Tell you what...buy a standard one and a caddy...much cheaper. I got a caddy off a maxtor 120Gb HDD if you want it...I took the HDD out and put it in one of my PC's.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:46 20 Jul 04

Caddies are £25 here click here ;-)), I bought mine off Ebay for £22 inc postage.

G

byfordr 23:43 20 Jul 04

Reply in your other post...R

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…