External firewire HDD problems (not showing)

Nuula 20:48 24 Apr 10

(Running Vista 64bit, Both mine and my dads PC's are virtually identicle)
Right, i just got an older LACIE External Firewire HDD from my dad which hes been using on his current PC, and it works.
So i happily plugged it into my PC and... its a nono.
Now heres were it gets annoying for me. I had a look in device manager and the HDD shows as a 'SBP2 Compliant IEEE 1394 device', . And according to device manager its 'working properly'.
When i plugged it in first windows automatically installed dirvers for it, Problem perhaps?
I then went into the properties on my C drive and looked under the harware tab, and the HDD shows up there (Full name and connection type, Location is listed as LUN 0?) I went into the properties from here and Attempted to populate it to see if its reading properly. This is another Odd bit.
After populating the reults show as:
Disk 1
Type: Unknown
Partition Style: Not Appliciable
Capacity: 238475 MB
Unalocated Space: 0
Reserved space: 0
What...
Could it be that i need to format it some how, i cant seem to find were if this is so...
Any halp would be apreciated thanks!

Long winded first post is long winded...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:58 24 Apr 10

1. is there any data on it or has your dad wiped it?

2. look under disk management and if no data on the drive your (or your dad need to keep) then initialise and format in disk management.

Nuula 21:04 24 Apr 10

Ahh cheers, Disk management helped. I got confused for a while beacuse i had been told it wasnt formatted, this totally threw me off, anyway its formatting as we speak :) Kudos to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…