external ethernet connection

barryhodges 20:34 09 Oct 08

Being a complete dummy, to get an ethernet extension out to a mobile home I thought I could simply run an external telephone line extension to the unit and connect a router - wrong! I have now discovered that you cannot connect two routers to one telephone line. My question is can I connect an ethernet connector to one end of this cable so it can be physically connected to the router at one end an ethernet socket at the other. The external cable has six pairs of wires. Hope someone can help!

tullie 10:32 10 Oct 08

If youve got a connection in house,cant you just go wireless in mobile home.

barryhodges 12:46 10 Oct 08

Thanks for replying, but I wish it were that simple! Even the new BT black hub will not give me a signal, unfortunately. Although it is only about 50 metres, there is a metal shed in the way which seems to be blocking the signal.

ambra4 17:24 23 Oct 08

“My question is can I connect an ethernet connector to one end of this cable so it can be physically connected to the router at one end an ethernet socket at the other”

Yes, but would suggest that you use external Ethernet Cat5 Cable

click here

ambra4 17:47 23 Oct 08

ßeta

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…