External DVD Player Help Please Please Please

KeithTaylor 16:07 23 Jan 08

Hi. I hate to be the kind of guy who nips in only when he has a problem, but I've got a bit of an urgent one I'd appreciate your help with.

First of all, this is the system I'm running:

Intel Core 2 - 6300 @ 1.86GHz
1GB DDR2 RAM
Windows XP Pro

Not sure what else is relevant, but let me know if you need additional info.

Right, for the past few months I've been having problems with my DVD player (internal Samsung SH-S182D). Video playback was jumpy and DVDs often failed to load.

Now, I've got a date coming over to watch a movie in a few hours, so wanting to avoid having the player fail on me I bought a new external player (Samsung SH-S202J) with a USB2.0 connection.

The problem is that even when it's plugged into a USB2.0 port I can't get DVDs to load. The installation wizard tells me that the player has been correctly installed and is ready for use and the internal DVD player has been disabled so as to avoid any conflicts, but when I attempt to load a DVD to my AVS media player (or any other player) it takes half an hour to load the movie and then goes to a blank screen. Obviously there's something wrong.

So, can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? Thank you :)

KeithTaylor 16:10 23 Jan 08

p.s. I'm also seeing some odd behaviour from the computer itself while the device is plugged in. Explorer just crashed when I tried to close the AVS media player, and everything seems to be more sluggish than usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5