External Dvd burner

Wrong 19:44 07 Jun 04

Hello

Can anyone recommend a external dvd burner -/+ formats

Many thanks

SEASHANTY 20:28 07 Jun 04

Sorry - No. But there is always the standalone domestic DVD recorders of which Phillips and Sony seem to use the DVD+R/W format whereas the Panasonic
range and Pioneer tend to use DVD-R and DVD-RAM.
I have the Panasonic DMR-E85 purchased from Digital
Point quite recently and this has an 80GB also included. Yesterday I recorded BBC4's Time Shift
40 min prog on the hard disk and today transferred it to DVD-R. The 40 min prog transfer was achieved
in just three mins at high speed recording to a
Ritek 4x DVD-R. This is the BEST external DVD recorder I have.

MadNige 21:27 07 Jun 04

click here this with an internal writer like this click here, this is exactly the rig I've got and I can swap it between work, home and laptop, and write all 5 formats. Going this way, you can upgrade the drive later if you want (to a dual layer writer?)

SEASHANTY 12:21 08 Jun 04

Now those links you have given provide just the solution I was looking for. I was considering the
LG GSA-4082B because it is 8 speed and truly multi-format as it includes DVD-RAM besides the plus / minus DVD formats. That case from scan should allow me to shift it from PC to PC. Only one niggle - the OEM version of this drive does not include the
software that you need to support DVD-RAM. The retail boxed version at Ebuyer is £68-93 inc vat
click here
or approx £72 at Dabs.

Wrong 14:12 08 Jun 04

Most PC external drives are £200.....and with the recent speed upgrades with dvd burners its alot to pay for something that will be surpassed very quickly

I bought my 107 oem about 2months ago from didgital promotions for £64.99

The external is for a friends laptop

SEASHANTY 14:45 08 Jun 04

There are some external DVD writers on this microdirect website - not all multiformat
click here

SEASHANTY 14:48 08 Jun 04

Links that don't work to the original page annoy me.
This happens often on Microdirects website. You will have to type in the KEYWORD space the single
word external to bring up the correct page
for external writers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…