EXTERNAL DRIVE - NTFS/FAT32

Belfix 10:56 19 Feb 08

Got a USB2 external hard drive to connect to my ps3. However, I can only format this drive as NTFS within XP and Vista, and the psp3 requires it to be fat32. Is there a way in either xp or vista to format this as fat32 as the only option in the drop-down menu is ntfs?
here's hoping!!

PO79 11:07 19 Feb 08
  Belfix 11:16 19 Feb 08

Hi PO79
Tks for a response - what i am trying to say also is that there doesn't seem to be an option within the format option, to format this drive as fat32 although I believe that there should be 3 options ie ntfs, fat32 and fat.

prince midas 11:16 19 Feb 08

Suggest you download a trial version of something like,Paragon Disk Manager or Norton Partition Manager and they will let you change to Fat32 etc.

scotty 12:30 19 Feb 08

Linux is very flexible in the ways it allows you to format discs. I cannot say for certain but I think you can format a disc using a Linux "live" cd (that is booting into a Linux operating system directly from a cd without installing anything on your pc harddrive)

MaxUpload 12:41 19 Feb 08

XP will not format a FAT 32 partition larger than 32GB so if your drive, or partition, is larger, you need to either partition your hard drive or use a 3rd party tool such as SwissKnife, which can format FAT 32 as large as 2048 GB!

click here

scotty 10:33 20 Feb 08

Found this today and thought you might find it helpful:

click here

scotty 15:59 20 Feb 08

I keep stumbling across relevant items! This Linux disto appears to be what you need:

click here

Belfix 16:08 20 Feb 08

Gents - tks all for the advice, it is ALL appreciated. Tried download of fat32format and it has coverted the ntfs to fat32. However, got to try it in the ps3 next. I have "closed" this thread and hope I don't need to open it again for th ps3. Once again thanks to you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…