External CDRW with Nero?

dippie 13:12 06 Jan 03
  dippie 13:12 06 Jan 03

Can anyone recommend a good external CDRW for £100 or under? Would this come with Nero software or would I need to buy this separately? Also, would this be compatible with any PC - I have an IBM Thinkpad T22.
Probably a stupid question, but i'd appreciate any responses.
Thanks

recap 13:28 06 Jan 03

dippie, I don't think you will get Nero with an external CDRW for that price.

Compatibility should not be a problem, CDRW should come USB connections so if your computer has USB then your burner will work.

dippie 13:39 06 Jan 03

how much should I expect to pay for Nero with an external CDRW?
Would any other software be as good as Nero at a slighlty cheaper price?
What makes of external CDRW should I be looking at?

drab 13:54 06 Jan 03

If you dont intend to carry the rewriter around with you do what i did,and buy an external case that takes an ordinary rewriter,it will cost less than 70 quid for the lot.Iplug mine into the parrelel port,and it works fine.

dippie 13:59 06 Jan 03

Drab, where did you get your external case?
Can all internal CDRW be fitted into an external case? Am I likely to have a parallel port on my laptop?

drab 14:05 06 Jan 03

I bought my case in a p.c shop in spain,so if they are here they are certainly there.Yes to both other questions.the parralel port is where you plug the printer in.

drab 14:08 06 Jan 03

Wish i could spell parallel!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…