External CD/DVD drive

Blubottle 30 Jan 13

Hi. I have a pc with no internal dvd/cd rom drive but I have a spare internal IDE dvd writer, turn this into an external usb drive seems a good idea. What I need to get is a 5.25 external enclosure ect. My Q has anyone done this if so were can I get the parts from, I have had a good trawl online but can't seem to find. regards

compumac 30 Jan 13

I have made up an external CD/DVD drive with a standard drive inserted into a caddy that you should be able to obtain from any PC shop. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nbsbnoss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ecxternal+caddy+for+CD%2FDVD#/ref=nbsbnoss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=external+caddy+for+CD%2FDVD&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aexternal+caddy+for+CD%2FDVD

compumac 30 Jan 13

Amazon link I posted does not appear to work. Try Amazon for CD/DVD caddy

SillBill 30 Jan 13

compumac

The link works when copied and pasted.

chub_tor 30 Jan 13
  compumac 30 Jan 13

SillBill

It was copied and pasted.

SillBill 30 Jan 13

compumac

I meant copying and pasting the BROKEN link above.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message