External Back up

portofcall 10:47 07 Jun 07

Attempted to back up my computer computer programs C drive on my 250gb external hard drive. Went to browse, selected external hard drive and tried to follow directions from XP back up wizard. Between here and there, I received message that not enough disk space alloted for complete back up and back up brought to an end at that point. Not sure why this happened. Surely, the 250gb storage is suffice. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Jackcoms 11:18 07 Jun 07

How much is on the C drive?

Go to My Computer; right click on the C drive icon and select Properties. How much is the used space?

If it's less than 250Gb, you're correct.

UncleP 12:11 07 Jun 07

and check the external HD formatted capacity and free space as well. Back up a small program or directory to make sure the basic system is working.

scotty 12:33 07 Jun 07

How does MS backup operate? Does it write to a single file? If you are backing up the whole C drive, you might be running into difficulties because of a limit on the maximum file size. What format is the external drive (FAT, NTFS)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…