Extending wireless range of BT HomeHub 2

setecio 12:57 17 Oct 08

Hi

I have a setup with the new BT home hub (v2.0) and have it working fine at one end of the house (with thick walls) but deteriorates to a very low signal in another part of the house where a signal is required. An ethernet cable already exists from the home hub to the low signal area so a laptop can be plugged in by cable.

However I wish to provide a good working wireless signal in this other part of the house and also wish to be able to walk seemlessly between the two areas. I just need to add a wireless access point on the end of the ethernet cable.

Can I set the wireless access point up with the same SSID and WPA password as the BT homehub, so that the laptop will move seemlessly between the two areas, or will this cause problems since a very low intermittent signal exists from the hub.

dawood 16:05 17 Oct 08

Try to read these 4 tips to improve wireless coverage click here and why my wireless network speed is slow click here articles first, because there are many factors can affect the wireless signal, after that only decide whether you need an access point. Hope it helps..

setecio 18:37 17 Oct 08

Thanks, but the problem is the thick walls.

I have consulted various sites and it should apparently work, with a recommendation to change the wireless channel to avoid interference.

MarvintheAndroid 18:38 17 Oct 08

You could look into getting a wireless repeater.

Marv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now