Extending a Partiton with Win Xp

Spanish Johnny 18:23 21 Oct 03

with regards to my previous thread click here I've found that you can extend a partition using "command prompt" if you look in the Help section of "disk management" and then look for "Extending a basic volume" it steps you through the process, whole thing took about 5 min. now I'm back to the full 60Gb on my second drive!

Just thought I'd post this as it has saved me a few quid on getting Partition Magic

Cheers

Legolas 18:24 21 Oct 03

Very interesting I will have a lok at that.

Legolas 18:29 21 Oct 03

Ahm.....Where exactly is 'Disk Management'

christmascracker 18:34 21 Oct 03

admin tools, computer management

Spanish Johnny 18:36 21 Oct 03

Please post back with you're thoughts, I'm normally not very technically minded, I realise this solution may not suit everyones needs.

Cheers

Spanish Johnny 18:37 21 Oct 03

sorry legolas, should have been more specific

Legolas 19:01 21 Oct 03

Had a look and it appears to be quite straightforward, I will try and remember this if I ever need to extend my HDD. Thanks for the info christmascracker I have beeen in to 'disk management' before but could'nt remember how.

Djohn 19:05 21 Oct 03

Or a slightly quicker way there, hope you don't mind me mentioning it christmascracker.

Right click on your "My Computer" Icon, then Manage, then disk management. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…