Extending Full & Object Scan times using KIS 2010

old_codger 12:17 01 Feb 10

Hi,
I wonder if anybody has noted my ongoing problem using Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2010 package of increasingly long Scan times?

About 6-8 weeks ago I bought a new hard drive did a clean install of XP Pro + SP3 + all updates, Office 2003, + other apps, and new licence for KIS 2010. I previously ran KIS 2009. The first Full & Object scan times used to take about 10-15 mins and about 7 mins respectively. Gradually, these times have increased to 35-40 mins each.

Yes, I have downloaded some new MP3 files to add to existing collection, but I run Defrag and Disk Cleanup utilities daily and is currently 96% free.

My system is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600 that has Celeron 2.3 GHz proc, and 2 GB RAM with Gigabyte GA-8SGXL mobo and new 400GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 3.5" HDD.

Does anybody identify with this problem, and more importantly, is there a solution?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…