Extend wireless network

MikeOT 15:06 12 Jun 05

I've got a 54g network (Belkin) which only just reaches through my house and drops out at its limis as a result. I want to extend its reach so I get a more reliable signal through the house. Th router won't allow another antennae to be attached, and I don't want to add more gismos to my laptop. So what would people recommend as a god choice for an access point to act as a "repeater"?

Thanks

Mike

MikeOT 22:09 21 Jun 05

In fact what you need is Belkin's Wireless Access Point F5D7130, which is the only device which will work with your router (F5D7230-4).

I got this information by e-mail from Belkin - don't think I'd have found it any other way.

MikeOT 22:11 21 Jun 05

Cool, thanks Mike. I've bought it and, with some hassle, got it working! Problem solved. You're a star.

MikeOT 22:12 21 Jun 05

No problem. Any time.

woodchip 22:19 21 Jun 05

They take em away when they start talking to them selves. We used to say in times past that the Green cab's on its way

PastorSmith 23:35 21 Jun 05

Again Thanks, MikeOt. I also went into PC World (yes, that desperate...) in London, and COMPUSA in the USA and both had sales technicians who agreed on my not being able to extend my Belkin Router range. Both suggested that if I wanted to extend my range, then I should change my router and then get repeaters from the same company making the router; one suggested D-Link, and the other suggested Linsys.

So, thanks MikeOT, will get the Belkin Wireless Access Point

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…