Extend pc speaker cable?

wallbash 11:08 22 May 06

I need to move my cheap PC speakers further away from my CPU.Does anyone know of an 'extention' cable/kit.

My speakers are the really cheapie sort,( only used to listen to the Archers) one cable ended with the light green mini jack , with on board sound.

TIA

rmcqua 11:11 22 May 06
  woodchip 11:19 22 May 06

Yes you can get a cheap extention wire. It's not worth sending as it will cost more in P&P than you can get a cable for. If you have Computer Fairs near you go to one of those as there are cable men

wallbash 11:37 22 May 06

Lets get really cheap ??

Could I cut the wire and splice in with a couple of
'choc block ' connectors , and find a bit of bell wire ???

PS please NO replys from Audio experts, this is just to keep intouch with Grundies/Archers/Tony and Joleane !!!

Gongoozler 12:10 22 May 06

PS please NO replys from Audio experts, this is just to keep intouch with Grundies/Archers/Tony and Joleane !!! - not sure what that means, but yes you could use choc block and bell wire, but if you make it too long you might get mains hum pick-up.

wallbash 12:28 22 May 06

Thanks Gongoozler ( you are not a fan)

I wanted a cheap idea , thank you very much
The extention will only be a couple of metres, so wont worry if I get a bit of hum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…