ext harddrive

yorkieman 10:01 20 Mar 05

hi can anyone help please? when i go into my computer to open my f drive ( ext hardrive)i get a message saying ( error reading setup initialization file) so i cannot see my files on this drive i am useing xp pro. i think i made a mistake when i downloaded kaspersky anti virus as the kaspersky logo is showing on the f drive in my computer

alan227 11:53 20 Mar 05

Have you tried uninstalling the anti virus to see if that cures the problem.
Make sure you are disconnected from the net before you uninstall.

yorkieman 12:19 20 Mar 05

yes i uninstalled the prog but logo still there

BRYNIT 12:22 20 Mar 05

Had a similar problem.

Could be you have down loaded or extracted the program direct to your f: drive and not into a folder.

Instead of double clicking on drive try right click and select open if you are able to open drive. Check to see if the program is on the f: drive if so create a folder and move program into folder especially any setup.exe files.

dan11 12:28 20 Mar 05

Two things worth trying are

1) use a different usb port.

2) Disconnect the hard drive, right click my computer > manage > disk management. the F drive should not be listed. Right click your cdrom drive and pick change drive letter. This will start a small wizard. Change the cdrom drive letter to f. ok this and reboot.

Now when you are at desktop, connect the usb device to a different usb port. Has it found it and allocated a different drive letter for it? If it has then go back to disk management and change it to say G. You can then go back and alter the cdrom back to it's original letter.

May work.;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…