Expression Web

VNAM75 13:44 12 Sep 08

I'm currently using Netobjects 9 and its been fine for what I need to do. I now want to move up (slightly) to a more sophisticated program and I'm thinking of Expression Web. However, I've read reviews and they all talk about it being code based and not wysiwyg.

I don't have time to learn coding but is it possible to use Expression Web without coding knowledge and design everything using graphics, text boxes etc with the option to tweak it using code? Or should I upgrade to Netobjects 11?

VNAM75 23:06 12 Sep 08

I've installed Expression web and it looks quite good. The code is generated for you and can be edited, unlike nof9. It seems a lot more comprehensive than nof9 but I wouldn't know where to begin to start learning how to use it. At least with nof9 there is a tutorial to build a basic website plus separate chapters explaining the key features. Is there a tutorial in Expression web?

To be fair, it should be NOF11 that is compared - nof9 is an older version.

Taran 17:34 17 Sep 08

The Help Files in Expression Web are far more than just simple help files. Like those found in Dreamweaver they are, in fact, a comprehensive list of tutorials.

The Quick Start guide (found in the Help Files) takes you through the most basic stages through far more advanced projects and each function and tool has its own share of help resources built in.

A quick Google for:

expression web tutorial

will return more links than you can shake a stick at for how to use the software.

VNAM75 22:18 17 Sep 08

Yes the help file/tutorials are quite comprehensive. I'm sticking with NOF9 for the moment and trying to learn some of the more advanced topics.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant