Express Replying Using Wrong "From" Address

allan01 18:54 22 Jul 03

When I create a new mail, it correctly sends it from my default mail account. However, if I receive a mail to my address, and then subsequently try to reply to it, the reply is sent from my wifes address rather than my own. Anybody experienced anything like this??

whybe 00:30 23 Jul 03

Is the incoming mail using your wife's email account but on you shared address, if so a 'reply' will send it using her details.

First email address is the primary.
Subsequent email addresses run as secondary but unless you separate from your ISP's server OE or Outlook and create separate profile (data storing areas) it will deliver everything to one Inbox. I have spent ages trying to sort this out re profiles, they don't seem too difficult to create but involve actually switching between the two. I solved it using message rules and just one profile delivering to two folders eg Inbox as default and Mail for the second.

allan01 07:09 23 Jul 03

Thanks for the advice whybe. Thankfully I have now managed to sort the problem out. I can only assume the mail accounts had somehow became corrupted or confused, as simply recreating the accounts exactly as they were has seemingly solved the problem and replies now send as they should. Don't know why doing this helped, but it has!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced