Exporting files and folders from Hotmail

dianes278 15:22 PM 05 Jan 12

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if it is, how do I do it.

chub_tor 16:55 PM 05 Jan 12

Hotmail is web based with all your emails held on the Microsoft server so that you can access them from any machine. Why would you want to export them?

difarn 17:13 PM 05 Jan 12

This has been much debated - don't believe it has been overcome yet but have a look at this article which says if you change to Windows Live Mail you can sync folders to your hard drive.

lotvic 15:05 PM 13 Jan 12

Scratching my head over this, I still collect and send my free Hotmail email on my pc using Outlook Express. Maybe they took away this for new accounts?

My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.

Incoming mail (POP3): pop3.live.com

Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.live.com

Port 587 Outgoing

Port 995 Incoming

difarn 15:13 PM 13 Jan 12

In response to lotvic you can still do this - I use Thunderbird and it works well. Not sure this is what dianes278 is thinking of but it certainly is an option.

Terry Brown 21:01 PM 14 Jan 12

I use outlook express for my web mail (Gmail) .If you want to Export (save from Outlook); this is how.

Create a folder (e.g email) on your desktop Open Outlook and select the mail you want to save, then drag it to the folder you have just created.

it is then treated like any other document and can be edited in any way you choose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…