Exporting Favourites

Ping Pong 15:34 23 Jun 03

I have twice in windows exported my favourite links so that I could access them in case of system failure, However whenever I import to my other machine all I get is MSN and some more ballcocks. Where am I going wrong?
Am going fishing now but will read all postings later. Its hot so a double figure pike will justify sitting in front of a PC for an hour without a result. Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Ping Pong

Jester2K II 15:38 23 Jun 03

"MSN and some more ballcocks" - is the default settings.

What OS??

The best way to do it is find your Favourites folder and then copy it to a floppy and then copy back into the new machine - the exact location depends on your OS.

Agent Smith 15:41 23 Jun 03

All I have ever done is to copy my Favorites folder to a floppy or CDR and then paste the whole thing back into the Windows folder if neede. So far it's worked everytime. Windows tells you there is already a Folder called Favorites do you want to replace it..........Yes.

Please excuse American spelling.

Ping Pong 17:21 23 Jun 03

I was using outlook express to export my favourites but it seems from experience that that option does not work very well.
Suffice to say that it is easier to copy from my favourites when neccessary.
Thanks to you all.

Ping Pong 17:22 23 Jun 03

BTW I was using XP Home and outlook 6 with all relevant updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…