Export/Import from IE to Opera help

golfpro 09:45 11 Mar 04

I wish to export a folder from my IE favorites into Opera Bookmarks, I have tried using the Import facility in Opera but it will not transfer. Am I doing something wrong

Pesala 10:35 11 Mar 04

It seems very easy here. File Import, Internet Favorites, which displays a folder list with the folder \windows\favorites selecting. Clicking on OK imports them into Opera. It is difficult to see what you could be doing wrong, unless your favorites are not stored in the usual place. Then you would have to browse to find the folder.

Pesala 10:40 11 Mar 04

They are stored in Opera, in a bookmark folder called Internet Explorer Favorites. What can happen, is that you select a bookmark folder prior to importing, and they all get imported into a subfolder. This happened to me when I just tested it. The dialogue box told me that 481 entities had been imported, and a whole new tree was created under one of my folders.

To deselect the folder, hold down control while you click on it, to make sure none are selected before you import. Then the IE folder will be in the root folder.

golfpro 10:59 11 Mar 04

I know it seems simple, and I have done it before,but this time something is not working right, I select file>import>internet explorer favorits, then in the box I select the folder I want to import and press OK, the box disapeares I look for the folder in Opera bookmarks and nothing is there.

Pesala 11:08 11 Mar 04

If you have installed a previous version of Opera 7x you can just copy your Operadef6.adr file to \Opera7.5\defaults or Opera6.adr from 6.05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…