Export Outlook 2002 Mail Settings?

Roadgiant 17:51 20 Oct 07

I have just got a new copy of Office 2003 and would like to install Outlook 2003 onto my PC replacing the existing version of Outlook 2002 that I currently have.
I have no problem transferring all my Contacts,
existing mail, calender etc (I have another PC that I have already tried and tested the transfer on)
When I try to install Outlook 2003 I get a message saying I must remove the existing version first which I am sure will also remove my e-mail settings?
What I can't seem to find is an easy way of transferring my e-mail account settings without having to re-type them all in manually (apparently MS have removed the IAF export tool in later versions of Office.
I have googled this and found various work rounds that appear to involve messing with the registry which is something I would rather avoid if possible.
Thanks in advance RG

VoG II 18:13 20 Oct 07

If you are doing this as an upgrade you shouldn't lose any settings - I didn't when I've successively upgraded Office from 97 > 2000 > 2002 > 2003 > 2007.

Roadgiant 18:36 20 Oct 07

Thanks for the reply, but will the very fact that when I try to install the new full version from the Office 2003 disk and it tells me to remove Outlook 2003 first, mean all the settings will be removed at the same time as the uninstall?
Not sure if it is because of the particular versions of Office Xp/Office 2003 that is causing this to happen?RG

Roadgiant 23:41 21 Oct 07

Thanks, once again for the help I have finally managed to get the new version to load without first uninstalling the old version and it has imported the settings.
RG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now