Export OE Addresses

Running Windows XP and OE 6
I need to copy the address book for using on a laptop.
The Import/Export instruction in my OE Addresses File menu is greyed out. How do I activate it?
Any help much apprecaited
- Peter PB

MAJ 09:28 24 Feb 03

If you do a search of your hard drive for a .wab file and save that to floppy and then transfer it to your laptop, that should do it for you. The WAB file is where your address book details are stored.

DieSse 09:30 24 Feb 03

Ypu don't need to export it - you can simply copy the .wab file onto a floppy. Then on the laptop, do an import using the file as the source - it works fine - I do it all the time for system upgardes.

DieSse 09:30 24 Feb 03

¡SNAP!

Thanks for that. Is it possible to transfer 'grouped email addresses' please? These do not seem to go across with the main list of individual addresses.

Thanks for that. Is it possible to transfer 'grouped email addresses' please? These do not seem to go across with the main list of individual addresses.

MAJ 12:19 24 Feb 03

The WAB method is the best way to backup your groups, as far as I know, Wol. Did you "import" the WAB file onto your laptoptop? If so, try cutting and pasting it into the correct folder on your laptop, rather than using the import function.

MAJ 12:21 24 Feb 03

Or rather, copying and pasting....... not cut and paste.

I seem to have uncovered a problem! On both the desktop and laptop the 'Import/Export' instructions in OE are greyed out.
Furthermore when I found the WAB files on the desltop these only seem to account for about 50 odd entires whilst when using OE I've an address book with over 330 entries.
There is another entry under 'MyDocs' called 'Default' that apears to have the correct number of files but I cannot transfer this satisfactorily.

powerless 12:44 24 Feb 03

The question is why is it greyed out?

You could try repairing OE

If you have the XP CD pop that in the cd drive...

Go to run type in

SFC /SCANNOW

Click ok...

Let it do what it does...

Hopefully fixed it.

MAJ 12:58 24 Feb 03

That's a good question, Powerless, but I was trying to deal with one problem at a time. Even if it is fixed, I don't think Wol will be able to export the groups. There is a 15 day trial of OE Backup, click here, Ihave used it before to backup my address book and messages. I can't remember if it backs up groups or not, but it's worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…