Export filenames from windows explorer to excel

andy625 09:04 04 Aug 05

Can anyone tell me how to export a list of file names from windows explorer into an excel spreadsheet?

ie. I have a directory of drawing files in a windows explorer window, and I want to export them into excel to create a drawing registry and put information in cells next to the drawing numbers.

Thanks

Andy

GroupFC 10:33 04 Aug 05

You could have a look at some of these click here=

One I have used for a similar task in the past is this click here

You can save the list as a .csv file and then open it in Excel. I found that I had to do some tweaking when I got it into Excel (basically to make it look nice!), but it served the purpose!

HTH.

andy625 10:58 04 Aug 05

I've just checked that program out, and its absolutely ideal. Exactly what I was after!

Thanks!!

GroupFC 11:16 04 Aug 05

Glad to have been able to help!

Chris the Ancient 11:35 04 Aug 05

Useful little program that. Now resident on my machine as an easy way of getting file printouts!

Thanks

CtA

GroupFC 12:25 04 Aug 05

I can't claim credit for discovering it - saw it recommended on these pages a long time ago! (and apologies for not being able to remember who to give the credit to!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…