Explorer.exe

mossyboy 15:11 12 Mar 06

Ok, just joined the site so hopefully you guys can help me out.

Right, i load up my computer and log in under my name, but when i do i have no icons or taskbar, i open up task manager and try to run exploere.exe but it appears and disappears in a matter of seconds. I have tried running the file SHELLFIX that i found on a previous website using cmd.exe but that has failed to work, Please could you help me out

Thanks
Mossyboy

rawprawn 15:25 12 Mar 06

click here download Tweakui and install it, open it and at the bottom lrft click Repair/ then rebuild icons.
Also go to Start/Run/type sfc /scannow (watch the space between sfc and /) you will need your XP CD Try this first.

mossyboy 15:32 12 Mar 06

Hmmm, i downloaded this but i am unable to open it up, i try opening it through windows task mananger as i dont have a desktop and it says it is not a valid win32 application,

mossyboy 15:43 12 Mar 06

Anyone help???

woodchip 15:48 12 Mar 06

Did you double click Tweak?

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:48 12 Mar 06

What about click here line 117, left hand side.

mossyboy 15:50 12 Mar 06

Ok , i have mamaged to install tweak to my comp, the trouble is i cant find where it has been installed to, when installing there is no option to choose it to go to desktop etc, how would i open up a search through tas manager?

mossyboy 15:52 12 Mar 06

I am a beginner when it comes to computers, so what do i do with tht registry marsh? i cliked on line 117 and 100 lines come up, what i do with them lol?

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:58 12 Mar 06

Left click on line 117, a box will appear, click save and save to your desk top. Double click on the file you save, when asked do you want to enter etc click yes and reboot.

mossyboy 15:59 12 Mar 06

That doesnt come up, do i need to use internet explorer to see it coz im using mozilla firefox

Cuddles 16:00 12 Mar 06

Tweakui installs a shortcut into control panel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…