Explorer views stuck

RICH 12:56 23 Apr 06

I had explorer set up to show all folders as 'details', but a few days ago all folders now open in 'icon' view.
I have tried to reset using tools>folder options>view -remember each folders view settings. I also followed advice from previous threads and repaired explorer, also I've used system restore to a time way before the problem manifested. None of these remedies has changed the way explorer opens. Antivirus is up to date and run regularly. Spyware, malware and adware scans aslo show a clean system. I'm baffled as to what to try next and would appreciate your help.

VoG II 14:00 23 Apr 06

It may be click here

RICH 20:21 23 Apr 06

Thaks VoG
The symptoms described in your link don't sound like my problem, but I have run 'sfc \scannow' and things remain the same.

VoG II 20:24 23 Apr 06

Try this click here

RICH 14:56 24 Apr 06

Thankyou again VoG
The bagMRU size is already 5000.
Explorer won't even remember the folder settings when I move between folders during the same session, always reverts to icon view.

remind 15:50 24 Apr 06

I see you've tried all sorts of fixes, I don't know if the following will help.
TweakUI XP/Explorer/Customizations, change Folders to Remember to 1 or 0, Apply, reboot, back to the same screen and change back to 5000 or something, reboot again. Perhaps it will clear out that part of the registry. Basically the same registry keys being changed as in the links VoG supplied, you could do the registry edits if you don't have TweakUI on your machine.

RICH 21:22 26 Apr 06

Thanks 'remind'
but that didn't have the desired effect either

woodchip 21:31 26 Apr 06

Have you tried Folder Options in Control Panel, and in Explorer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…