Explorer VERSUS Firefox

Marios 20:46 14 Apr 05

Hi again. I put Firefox form the cd of our magazine. when asked if i want it to be default i said no so i had time to try it first. Some websites require Explorer however, eg one i take part in surveys. Yet, when i attempt to do a survey i am told Explorer only works but i don't know how to to set Explorer as the default. I had a look at control panel but no much luck.

canard 22:32 14 Apr 05

IE tools-internet options-programs- tick the check box for IE should check to see if it is the default browser.

canard 22:35 14 Apr 05

Or uncheck in FF -tools-options-general-ffshould check to see if it is the default browser when starting.

o44wen 22:53 14 Apr 05

Hi,

you could also download one of Firefox's extensions from their website, you can then open certain pages to "view in IE" here is a link to it.

I have only been using firefox for the last 3 weeks and think its much superior to IE.

click here

Buchan 35 23:51 14 Apr 05

Absolutely

CurlyWhirly 17:14 15 Apr 05

I have only been using firefox for the last 3 weeks and think its much superior to IE.

Me too!
I have always been a fan of IE but a recent Active X setting problem and numerous IE 'repairs' have finally convinced me of the need for a change.
I *may* go back to IE when Microsoft finally release IE version 7 (within the next few months according to reports).

Elyse 17:37 15 Apr 05

Firefox is in the process of fixing these issues. As mentioned previously, i suggest downloading the open page in IE extension. There are a number out there which i have found to be highly useful. One of the best benefits of firefox is the all in one mouse gestures and tabbed browsing.

Don't lose hope. Firefox is, at first, a little counterintuitive, esp. with the issues that have come from compatability, but i would recommend staying w/ it for as long as you can.

Taw® 19:37 15 Apr 05

Absolutely no contest FF wins hands down. You should also give avant browser a go if you dont like the feel of FF. Avant is built around IE but with lots of extras such as tabbed browsing etc good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac