Explorer type folder view

Chris the Ancient 19:40 16 Jul 05

Running XP Home

Sometime back, I had a lovely tip where I could open my Explorer in the good ol' Windows 3.3.1 style with two split panes and at a defined point using ...

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\Directory name

And a boon it has been.

But...

I have one folder on my desktop (that an application put there for some seemingly good reason - but I'm very happy with) and I would really love to do the old split pane system on this folder (only) instead of cascading windows or current folder views.

I dare not move the folder and rely on my 'full' explorer method - I want to leave it there.

So... Can I open just that one folder in the old-fashioned split panes view?

Ta.

CtA

Completealias 22:52 16 Jul 05

A rather nifty little program I found was fileant click here its a file manager like windows explorer but has tab functions as well like firefox you may want to give it a try

Chris the Ancient 10:48 17 Jul 05

Just got back near the machine.

I shall give that one a try. And if all is good, and I keep it, I'll give it a tick.

Ta

CtA

Chris the Ancient 12:22 17 Jul 05

Loaded it.

Ran the .exe file.

Rebooted as requested.

The program didn't do anything - and my computer got a fit of the sulks and wouldn't do anything.

Uninstalled it and computer OK again.

Hmmm...

CtA

Completealias 19:45 17 Jul 05

Strange I have had no problems with it I loaded up the version that was on last months PCA cover disk.

There is another one that offers a tabbed file explorer explorerxp for 2000/xp click here haven't tried this one myself

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…