Explorer stops responding

Trepan 14:21 18 Feb 06

I have just installed BT broadband with a Voyager 2091 ADSL router. I have two computers connected one through the only ethernet port and mine through the USB port. Everything worked fine until I started to get the dial up window appearing when browsing. So in my infinite wisdom/stupidity I decided to uninstall the dial up software and the modem software AND remove the modem card. THEN it all went pear shaped for me. My machine is Win 98se and the other machine has XP which works fine.

The prob is that when I open the browser and say go onto a site, for example this site, if I want to open up a link, such as going into one of the forums, the IE browser tells me that it has stopped responding so unless I cntrl+alt+del it just stays put and nothing happens. So what on earth have I done, deleted or fouled up to give me this response. I have uninstalled the software supplied by BT and re-installed it and I have re-installed IE all to no avail - HELP!

keewaa 16:47 18 Feb 06

I think you might have uninstalled TCP/IP ... have a look in Network connections to see what protocols are installed for your adapters, TCP/IP should be there for the adapter used.

Trepan 13:05 19 Feb 06

Thanks for this and the following info has been taken from: -
Control Panel/Network/Configuration and it reads: TCP/IP BTVoyager USB Remote NDIS
TCP/IP Dial-Up Adaptor and finally TCP/IP Dial-Up #2 (VPN Support)

Incidentally, it would appear that I have deleted the Internet Installation Helper Wizard in the process!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…