Explorer shuts down

Manfatha 10:34 31 Dec 04

Hi folks, Whenever i try & send e-mail, I'm getting a Window popping up that says "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem & will close this program. Sorry for any inconvienience" I use Yahoo Mail as my default mail client and have done so for the last 3 years without a single problem. I recently upgraded my AVG Antivirus to Version 7.0 (the freebie one)Any chance that the explorer shut down might be related? My mail is getting through to the recipients alright, but having to relaunch Explorer time & time again is annoying!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

TBH1 10:49 31 Dec 04

spooky - - no help to you at all but this has just started happening to me - - and like you, have recently upgraded AVG7.

Just started using firefox browser instead of IE so will watch this thread with interest.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:10 31 Dec 04

REpair XP
click here
Type
sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.

This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

Manfatha 18:21 31 Dec 04

Thanks for the responses Guy's, Fruitbat, I would love to be able to try what you suggest but as soon as I hit the highlighted "Click Here" the Explorer shut down message appears & I can't get to it!! HELP!!!

Thanks, Manfatha.

Manfatha 11:32 01 Jan 05

Hi folks, and a Happy New Year to you all! I think i've fixed the Explorer shutdown problem now, as AVG found a Trojan Horse virus on my system and has healed the problem. Thanks for all your advice and responses.

Manfatha.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…