Explorer runtime error???

farnz 21:02 04 Nov 05

I have several friends who are all suffering the same problem, it 'seems' to appear after visiting E-bay. IE will no longer function and this message appears; Runtime Error C:\Programme Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe This programme has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Contact the application's support team for more information.

System restore will fix the problem, but it just comes back later. My Dads computer is well protected with McAffee,(anti virus & firewall) and Internet cleanup,also CCleaner & Spybot search & destroy, so should have no spyware on it. Any ideas?

farnz 00:55 05 Nov 05

Bttp

joseph K 13:16 05 Nov 05

Why don't you dump it and use something decent like Opera, firefox, mozilla's full suite, or some other open source browser. Even Netscape is better than IE, even though it slumped behind for a whil. Version 7.2 of Netscape I found to be much faster than IE and less problem prone. Version 8 didn't improve anything asthetically, actully I think that the GUI is hopeless. One of the first three is probably your answer.

PaulB2005 13:23 05 Nov 05

Or iexplore.exe ?? Please check - it's important.

PaulB2005 13:26 05 Nov 05

click here

Try uninstalling Google Toolbar or any other toolbar software.

Can you check to see what Addons the browser has? Tools, Manage Addons..

PaulB2005 13:29 05 Nov 05

"Why don't you dump it and use something decent "

As IE is integrated onto Windows it might be beteter to fix the problem rather than mask it.

woodchip 13:55 05 Nov 05

Try this, Go to search, type IE.ini right click on the file and choose Install

farnz 16:44 05 Nov 05

Paul B
it is iexplorer.exe, as written above.

I will check with my dad to see if he has google toolbar added. (or any other add ons).

Woodchip, I will get him to try that one.

VoG II 16:47 05 Nov 05

You've got an infection click here

Try a scan with Ewido click here

farnz 16:48 05 Nov 05

Just to add, he has no problems connecting to the net for emails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…