explorer problems

richard-232101 16:56 17 Feb 04

I am having an intermittent problem with internet explorer 6

When I try to open links within a web page all I get is a blank explorer window,with no address, in the address bar. Nothing then happens, the page is not loaded, or updated at all.

Any ideas, or help !

Thanks
Brooke1

Pesala 17:18 17 Feb 04

Maybe a problem with the page or your system.

Handy Spinner 17:20 17 Feb 04

Is it a specific web page that this problem occurs on?

Handy Spinner 17:32 17 Feb 04

sent me an email. Here it is:

"no specific web page, happens on a few different sites, It seems very odd."

BTW please just post replies here rather than email people! Then others can get their minds working on it as well! :D

richard-232101 17:33 17 Feb 04

the problem seems to be on most pages when I am online, could it be down to some compatabilty problems between AOL, and I.E. 6.0 ?

JIM 17:44 17 Feb 04

AOL has been doing the same my end, as reported by others for the last week or so.

Normaly opening up IE would give no problems but Aol install can set your prefernces which may be your problem.There would be nothing lost by uninstalling AOL and then reinstalling incase you may have a slight corruption with there software.

Depending on your OS you could try a repair to IE Eplorer first.

richard-232101 17:52 17 Feb 04

Any help with how to proceed with a repair. Accessed the programme but there seems to be no rpepair facility. I have XP pro as my O.S.

JIM 18:23 17 Feb 04

before you attempt that or do any repair, as it's WinXP. Do you have a firewall running and with poss to high a secutity setting.(do not mean Winxp firewall)

You could also go to internet option,(via the tools in IE)click on the programs tab and select reset web settings.

See if that improves your IE browser.(Take a note of the list in that window,incase you have to set back to as they were.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…