Explorer Problems

mak2 12:25 29 Dec 03

I'm having problems opening icons from the desktop.

if I try to open 'my computer' or 'internet explorer', it dislpays error opening IE.

I've tried installing IE6 from one the PCAd disks but that didn't help. I've upgraded to W98SE but no joy.

Can anyone suggest something without having to reload OS.

Thanks

MichelleC 13:03 29 Dec 03

Try running sfc 1st: RUN/ type sfc and replace system files (ALL changed files will show) from os disc.

BTW reinstallig 98se over itself doesn't lose data or progs, just settings ad updates.

Jester2K 13:04 29 Dec 03

"dislpays error opening IE"

And whats that error then?? It might tell us something... (bet this is CoolWeb)

mak2 19:04 29 Dec 03

The error is vx2.dll is faulty.
I've run sfc but didn't help much.

Please someone help

MichelleC 23:07 29 Dec 03

try IE repair (sometimes works) Add/remove, IE, click delete and click repair.

If no go you can revert to earlier version. I went back to 5.5 with 98se and no probs.

muppetmark 23:35 29 Dec 03

vx2.dll belongs to several spyware programs, click here Get Spybot search and destroy click here
download, install and UPDATE before running then allow it to fix all items in RED.

woodchip 23:39 29 Dec 03

Put your Win98 in comp stop it running, then go start\run type SFC and run the program

mak2 13:04 30 Dec 03

I've loaded spywareblaster but I can't run it because it errors and says MSVBVM60.DLL not found.

How can I recover this and get spyware running.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:10 30 Dec 03

click here

Go here download the .dll put it in your system folder reboot and it should work.Read the insturction on page where to put the dll file think it windows system folder but on some OS it the system32 folder.

Regards.

muppetmark 13:20 30 Dec 03

see the bottom of the page click here for info on the MSVBVM60.DLL error

mak2 15:48 30 Dec 03

thank you all you good people, I finally managed to delete the vx2.dll and now I can open up the Doc folder.

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…