Explorer Has Encountered A Problem

Mark5001 10:29 02 Jul 06

Hi All. I have a really annoying problem which has been happening for about a week. If I have windows explorer open and then run a program (Varies which one) I often get the following message.
"The instruction at 0x0385abe1 referenced memory at 0x385abe1. The memory could not be read". I have examined the event viewer and the latest error is, "DCOM error, unable to start a DCOM server". There are also references with today's date about a TV tuner card that was removed months ago.I have niether installed any new software or hardware except for 2 new DVD-Writers in the last 3 months. Any help appreciated.TIA.

andrew-196854 10:55 02 Jul 06

you could try running a program called cc cleaner when you download the program a run it you will see a box on the left that says issues and then at the bottom scan for issues , what this does is it looks for unused registry key which may fix you problems . ps please back up the registry when it asks you and do a system restore point before proceeding , just to be on the safe side click here

johndrew 11:20 02 Jul 06

Look at this link and see if it helps click here

Mark5001 11:37 02 Jul 06

Thank you for your input.I have just run cc cleaner and it found a multitude of issues and I have fixed them (after backing up the registry)I will now wait and see what happens.

JOHNDREW.
Thanks. Interesting reading I will try some of the suggestions there if cc cleaner does not work.

Mark5001 07:46 08 Jul 06

Just a note to say that everything I tried did not work. I have re-installed XP and problem no longer exists. Thanks for the help.

Mark5001 07:47 08 Jul 06

a

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced