Explorer has caused an error in wmpdxm.dll

canute44 15:41 03 Oct 04

I have just reinstalled Windows Me in order to get rid of various bugs which had developed. I am now getting the error message "Explorer has caused an error in wmpdxm.dll. Explorer will now close" when I try opening My Computer, My Documents, Control Panel or any grouping of programs. Clicking on OK gets rid of the message and I lose some of the icons in the tray bottom right but most programs still work OK. Googling produces quite a few recommendations including deleting the wmpdxm.dll file or replacing it. I have tried both but no success. I can access most things via the start menu but that is tedious and irritating when double clicking on the desktop icon is easier. Any suggestions? I have to go into hospital for a short time from tomorrow so may not see any replies immediately. Thanks in advance!

SANTOS7 16:12 03 Oct 04

click here this should help,good luck

canute44 16:22 03 Oct 04

Thanks for your reply but that site refers to Windows XP, mine is Windows Me. Will the effect still be the same? I found that site before but was doubtful about trying the solution decribed.

canute44 21:06 03 Oct 04

canute44 19:22 04 Oct 04

I have plucked up the courage to try the solution on the XP site you found for me. In spite of my OS being Me, it worked!! Very many thanks for the suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…