explorer has caused an error in KERNAL.32.DLL

mikesman 10:21 15 Feb 04

A friend of mine is getting this error message - anyone help?

explorer has caused an error in KERNAL.32.DLL. Explorer will close.
David

VoG II 10:26 15 Feb 04

What are they doing when they get this error? Sure it's not KERNEL32.DLL? Which Windows? Etc.

mikesman 10:30 15 Feb 04

Yes, you are right - it should be: KERNEL32.DLL I just copied his text and pasted. Not 100% sure what he's doing - will only be able to speak to him in more detail later today but he did say that sometimes his machine won't close down properly either.

mikesman 13:49 15 Feb 04

It seems that it happens at all sorts of time - there is no particular pattern that he can determine. He says he simply clicks the "OK" then resumes his work.

VoG II 13:57 15 Feb 04

Probably worth checking for nasties using Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

If nothing found click here click here click here

mikesman 14:13 15 Feb 04

Thanks for that - I have him running SpyBot AND Ad-Aware.

Thanks for your kind help!

anon1 14:18 15 Feb 04

Funny how adware and virus always get the blame for everything. Kernel32.dll is the core of windows. It is most likely that the only solution will end up being a reinstall of windows although it is sometimes possible to recover click here

VoG II 14:21 15 Feb 04

Erm, I didn't say spyware IS to blame but it is a possibility.

Don't see the point of reposting my second click here !

anon1 14:38 15 Feb 04

Vog chill out, I was merely pointing out that there is a certain amount of paranoia about spyware. Although you obviously are an experienced user i have noticed that new users panic a lot. Most of the time a simple Google search will provide many answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…