Explorer has caused an error in kbdljbj.dll...

Jester2K 20:04 25 Feb 04

Explorer will now close.....

OK this is on a PC that was riddled with viruses, p0rn diallers and adware. Oh and a couple of keyloggers to boot.

System all nice and clean except for the message above.

I cannot find any file on the system (Windows Me shiver>) with this name. I can't find any reference to it on Google, in the registry, in Win.ini, System.ini or any other file other than Faultlog (oh and the registry but only after a search where it appears on the MRU list)

So whats causing it? Ideas?

powerless 20:11 25 Feb 04

Check msconfig.

Use autoruns and DEL the key if present.

Export, back up as usual.

Jester2K 20:15 25 Feb 04

Powerless

Been through Startups with Autoruns, msconfig, all unknown / unnecessaries are unticked.

HijackThis reveals nothing abiout this DLL.

In fact i unchecked all but the very necessary bits and the error occurs....

Hmm didn't try a step by step load of the OS though...

JIM 20:17 25 Feb 04

have you run Hijack this,to see if scan and log file will reveal anything?

powerless 20:18 25 Feb 04

Boot in safe mode please.

JIM 20:18 25 Feb 04

sorry beat me to it.

bremner 20:20 25 Feb 04

The creation of random strigs of letters with a dll extension is s symptom of Bugbear click here (7th paragraph)

Could this be a remnant of this?

Jester2K 20:25 25 Feb 04

The creation of random stri(n)gs of letters with a dll extension is s symptom of many viruses...

But its not a virus - all suspect and unneccessary stuff has been removed. Its been AVG'd, Stingered, HijackThis'd, CoolWebShredder'd, MSCONFIG'd, Autoruns'd and sworn at...

Heres the problem....

The file that explorer reports as causing the problem does not exist on the PC.

If it doesn't exist i don't see how i can cause a problem.

Sure it might say "Windows cannot load kbdljbj.dll" but thats not the problem. (unless i now misunderstand what Windows is telling me)

Jester2K 20:29 25 Feb 04

Sorry if i come across stressed - it because i am. Owner is one of those "i don't surf p0rn" but the evidence is to the contrary (IE history, cookies, numerous p0rn diallers etc etc etc)

Its so much easier when they tell the truth...

Also I'm not at the PC and won't be for a few days.

I've exhausted all routes i normally use to get these things sorted. the registry hasn't been hooked by the DLL and there are no startup refs.

Flippin' Win Me means no SFC either....

The first letters 'kbd' may suggest a keyboard connection?

Jester2K 20:36 25 Feb 04

Thats what i thought but theres no ref on Google to the file or on the PC. He has an ordinary keybaord and the file is not on the Windows Me CD either....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…