Explorer Fonts

Mananin 23:13 06 Jul 05

Can somebody tell me how (if it’s possible) to change the font (style and size) of the text in the Explorer panes displaying Folders and Files..
I’ve looked at all the options for changing in Properties/ Display/ Appearance/ Item for the Desktop but they all seem to relate to popup menus and title bars, not the working part of Explorer.
I am referring to Windows 98SE.

johnnyrocker 23:51 06 Jul 05

not quite sure of which you refer to but for viewing web font sizes there are two ways click view/text size and set it or if you have a wheelmouse hold ctrl and scroll to size required

Pesala 23:54 06 Jul 05

I couldn't find any option for this at all. It was there in Windows 3.1 and you can still run Winfile.exe under Windows 98, but it lacks long filename support.

Try xplorer² from: click here if no one comes up with a solution for Windows Explorer.

To remember what Winfile was like, press the Windows Key + R, type winfile in the box, and click OK.

johnnyrocker 00:00 07 Jul 05

there are acouple of options. 1 click view at top of page select fonts and set size from there, 2 if you have a wheel mouse hold ctrl and scroll for the font size you require

johnnyrocker 00:01 07 Jul 05

sorry got syntax error hence second posting

Pesala 00:09 07 Jul 05

Jonny, you're talking about Internet Explorer, not Windows Explorer.

I downloaded and installed xplorer² as I was familiar with the previous version 2xplorer. Its not bad, but a bit overwhelming if you're used to Windows Explorer. Turn off the Dual Pane and Quick Viewer from the View menu, then set the font from Tools, Options, Window, Main Font. Then it will look much like Windows Explorer.

It has lots of features including an FTP client.

Mananin 11:31 07 Jul 05

Will try suggestion. Thanks for confirming I was referring to Windows Explorer not Internet Explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…