Explorer Error Win98 SE VX2.DLL

Dumfy 15:37 11 May 04

Hi all

I have a problem with Win98SE PC which belongs to my neigbours that won't let me use internet or windows explorer. I can't access the Control Panel, My Computer, My Documents folder etc.

The error I get is IE caused an invalid page fault in module VX2.DLL at 017f:0154eeea

From some searching around on the web, I've read that some spyware is the cause and I need to run regedit, find the vx2.dll key and delete it.

Is this true? Before I do any damage, I wanted to run it by the Gurus in here first.

Anybody have any experience with this fault?

Many thanks in anticipation....

Dumfy

johnnyrocker 15:42 11 May 04

as a safeguard nad proving you have other means of net access google search for stinger d/load from 'networks' or similar at top of list, get adaware/spybot from this sites d/loads update and run, then see how you go and post back p lease.

johnny.

Dumfy 15:50 11 May 04

Thanks johnnyrocker,

I can't get Internet access on said computer due to the error. Also, I can't access CDs on it either because of the same thing. I have copies of Adaware/Spybot etc backed up for my own personal use, but can't access the discs on the PC as windows explorer is tied in with the same error.

Regards

Dumfy

SANTOS7 16:01 11 May 04

click here the threads listed here should help, good luck

Dumfy 16:54 11 May 04

Thanks Guys!

Ran Regedit, found the VX2.DLL file in the registry, deleted it, rebooted and all working ok.

Regards

Dumfy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…