Explorer error

JOHN232 20:45 30 Dec 05

I'm unable to start my pc up because I'm getting an error message up before the start up is completed, i.e. my background appears but this error prevents the icons from appearing.
The error message says 'Explorer' This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
In the details field it says Eplorer caused an invalid page fault in module EXPLORER.EXE at 0167:00401f31.

Can anyone help me out of my predicament pse.

JOHN232 20:49 30 Dec 05

ps if it helps....I'm using Windows 98.

woodchip 20:53 30 Dec 05

Start with CD in drive keep pressing Del button to get into BIOS setup Change boot order to start from CD as first boot device Hadr Drive as second boot device save and exit. now restart computer with 98 cd in comp and run setup over it's self

JOHN232 23:24 30 Dec 05

I've followed the instructions but when I start the pc up it now asks for the 98 CD-ROM and if I delete that request and continue, everything seems huge on the screen. I feel as though I need to do something else??

VoG II 23:32 30 Dec 05

What happens if you insert the CD?

Does ithave 'Safe Mode' in each corner of the screen?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…