explorer drop down bar misbehaving????????

fredo3 18:23 24 Mar 04

When I click on the internet explorer dropdown bar it takes about 5 minutes for the webpage history to appear -
The dropdown bar then functions perfectly well with the history appearing instantly at the click of a button for the rest of my surfing session.

If I close down and then reopen internet explorer I'm waiting for 5minutes again for the dropdown bar history to appear. This is hardly a catastrophic problem, just very annoying.
I'm on winxp IE6 all fully updated with uptodate norton antivirus/systemworks and BPS spyware remover. Any ideas would be appreciated?

GaT7 18:47 24 Mar 04

Try a 'repair' of IE. For more info on how to do this (if you need it) - click here

VoG II 18:49 24 Mar 04

To repair IE in XP click here

GaT7 01:13 25 Mar 04

Clear your History at Tools -> Internet Options. Press the Clear History button. Also delete your Internet Temp files while your at it. Close IE, then re-open & see if this problem recurs.

fredo3 17:31 25 Mar 04

thanks crossbow problem solved

GaT7 19:22 25 Mar 04

Please let us know what worked - the IE repair, deleting your History or both?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…