Explorer cannot detect a connection

rob92 19:03 17 Feb 04

I am running Xp pro and suddenly when I open explorer It will not detect any connection, saying there is none available.I now have to use start, then click 'connect to' to connect to my Bt Broadband.There is no problem with outlook express, only explorer. I tried using system restore but that has also stopped working, and will not restore to any point. Is there a connection between the 2 problems?, or is it just coincidence?

Diodorus Siculus 19:11 17 Feb 04

click here
to try a repair of IE. Don't know why it is happening though, or if the two issues are connected.

rob92 21:04 17 Feb 04

I tried your recomndations- still no luck. It is only a minor problem, but still very annoying!- any other ideas?

mackaycc 02:04 18 Feb 04

Have a check and see that when you go to tools, internet options, connections in IE that "Never dial a connection" is not ticked. If it is, change it to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present".

hugh-265156 02:27 18 Feb 04

do you use google toolbar?

if so click here maybe

rob92 17:53 18 Feb 04

In my connections I had 'always dial my default connection checked'. once I checked 'dial whenever a network connection not present' it started working again. I then checked the 'always dial default connection' and it still worked, but it wasn't before?? Its a mystery to me.

Once again- Thanks all.

Rob92

P.s not tried system restore yet- don't want to push my luck......:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…