explorer address bar will not perform search!

Shirl_65 09:05 07 Jun 03

Hi, I have recently had cause to reinstall i.e6.
I first reverted to last settings (i.e5) and then put 6 back on! The problem is NOW i cant do a topic search from the address bar its very frustrating. It gives me a box that says "cannot find xxxxx make sure path etc is correct!" WHAT the ???? have I done?

VoG™ 09:12 07 Jun 03

Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab, scroll down to "Search from the address bar" and check that the correct option is selected.

Andsome 09:16 07 Jun 03

If you use Windows 98 or 98SE, some computers do not like IE 6. If this is the case go back to 5 or 5.5., or alternatively START/SETINGS/CONTROL PANEL/ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS. Select REMOVE IE, then from the three options select REPAIR. If this does not work, try the first option. If you use XP click here

Shirl_65 09:23 07 Jun 03

Vog already checked its on correct selection there.

Andsome already tried repair and already reverted to ie5.5 it also did it with that.

Am using win98se.

Thanx but I have tried the obvious solutions none of which have worked!

Andsome 09:14 08 Jun 03

Try running the Windows 98 CD. Tell it to install. It won't put another copy on top, but can repair or replace corrupted files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…