Explorer 8

geedad 17:03 25 Feb 10

Just updated to IE 8.
My downloads now end up in my 'Documents' folder.
They used to download to my 'Desktop'.
I suppose I have a choice when I begin to open the download to save it to my desktop?
geedad

birdface 17:40 25 Feb 10

Yes you should get a choice.
I usually have to search for mine not quite worked it out yet.
A pop up box appears and says file or something like that can be found in.[I am not sure if it says c/documents or my documents.]
A while since I downloaded anything on W/7 but I cannot remember if you can run the download or it automatically saves it to my documents or my computer and you have to run it from there.
Hope I am not confusing you but it is not as straight forward as XP.

rdave13 17:53 25 Feb 10

As buteman says. Once you click on 'save' instead of 'run' in the first box the second window that opens gives you the chance to change where to 'save' to.

geedad 19:42 25 Feb 10

buteman
Yes, I have never questioned where it would be downloaded, since it always dropped on my desktop, I just accepted that, I didn't think it would ever change!
It may be that when I choose 'Desktop' to unzip the next download, it will become my default download place!
That's the best place for it,because it is so easy to find after installing the download and to delete.
No, you did not confuse me, I am on XP, and I thank you for your response.
rdave13
Thanks for your confirmation.
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…