Explorer 7 a DLL missing

timothywilliam 15:41 15 Nov 06

I have just downloaded the new Internet Explorer 7 onto my computer which has XP. Strangely enough the first thing I noticed is there are two Explorer 7 icons on my Desktop. My main concern is a Dialogue Box which comes up on start up. It says : "The procedure entry point GetProcessing Image Filename could not be located to the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL" Deleting the box doesn't appear to effect anything but I guess something is missing. Would appreciate any advise on what I should do. Thanks.
Timothy.

anskyber 15:47 15 Nov 06

BT and some NTL or Blueyonder broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL or IST for Blueyonder) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT ( NTL, Blueyonder) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively, 1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe. for NTL or IST\SmartBridge for Blueyonder)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here
Or, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy use their start up control tool.

timothywilliam 15:57 15 Nov 06

Hello,

Thank you. I have just found previous correspondence in this forum on this subject. My fault for not looking properly. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac